- 20 min
- Cooking time
- 35 min
- 2 h
- 16 brownies
1/2 cup (125 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
1 cup (250 ml) Nutella or other chocolate–hazelnut spread
1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
1/2 cup (125 ml) melted unsalted butter, cooled slightly
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) square cake pan with parchment paper, letting paper extend over two opposite sides. Butter the two other sides.
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, hazelnut spread, brown sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add flour mixture, alternating with melted butter.
- Scrape batter into the cake pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few crumbs attached (not completely clean), 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for about 2 hours. Unmould and cut into squares.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.